Thursday 14 July 2011

Meet our new intern!

As you may have seen from our previous posts, we have been on the hunt for 2 new fantastic new interns and boy have we found them! During our evening at the City and Islington College Fashion Show we chose 2 young fashion designers to join our team over the summer so that they can learn, enthuse and further develop their already budding fashion talents.

Our First recruit is Rea:

My name is Rea Dae Lilliard, I am 18 and I have just completed my final year at City and Islington College where I studied a BTEC in Fashion and Clothing. For my final project, I created my own collection of 4 outfits. My designs were inspired by a theme I call Structured Femininity. I love this theme as it describes my own personal style as well as a fashion trend. It's all about mixing and contrasting fabrics and styles. However, I also decided to keep my whole collection white to have a strong, pure and elegant finish to the outfits. Now I have finished college, I plan to learn italian and do a few short courses and internships to further my knowledge in fashion design as next year I plan to go to Milan to study.
 

Here are some images of Rea's collection from the City and Islington Fashion Show:






Welcome to Thrifty Couture Rea, we really hope you enjoy your summer with us!

Our second intern will be introduced shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment