Monday 22 August 2011

Meet Yeliz

Well finally we got a few words from Yeliz our second design intern... She has been busy making our AW 2011 Collection but took a few minutes out to tell us a little about herself

Since a very young age I have been fascinated by the fashion industry. Having been born into a family of third generation evening wear artisans and designers, growing up  on factory floors in between beautiful fabrics, patterns and finished garments has inspired me to educate myself in this trade.  Throughout  my teens I have gained an invaluable experience by working in the factory owned by my family which has made me more determined to preserve my family heritage and knowledge. Hence I have decided to follow into my father’s footsteps and further my education by studying a foundation degree in design and textile College in London at the City and Islington College.  In my final collection my aim was to create evening outfits inspired from Jazz. My inspiration for my collection consists of shapes and colours formed from the instruments, the rhythm of the music and the emotions and feelings each type of Jazz music gives.  I am currently working alongside my father in our family business manufacturing high end ladies evening wear. I would like to further my education by trying to get short term employment with an upmarket design house to gain more experience and implement it in our own family business.

Yeliz loves a challenge as well as stunning fabrics.  She has put together a series of elegant, individual and very wearable evening dresses for the A/W Collection that showcase her love of textiles and a great sense of style



No comments:

Post a Comment